Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fall (not Spring) Cleaning

Okay... I've noticed something about being a mom (henceforth I'm now posting about cleaning today instead of continuing with my backstory).

When you become a mom, a lot of things change. Spring Cleaning is a big thing... most people do a big clean-out of things when Spring comes. Well, I do, too, but I also do Fall Cleaning. I go through all the shoes, the clothes, whatever is in our attic, and we clean the house top to bottom.

I just have to do this because otherwise my kids (who grow like weeds) would completely overwhelm the storage and the rest of the house with their outgrown clothes, shoes, broken toys, toys they no longer play with, and GOD only knows what else.

So... today... I spent 4 hrs doing this... and OMG... felt good. my front closet is cleaned out of shoes (only the new school shoes/sneakers (school shoes if you go to school/sneakers if you don't), their sandals, and their play shoes (used when sandals are not practical) are in there.

I have a ton of stuff to list on craigslist, ebay, and to pass down to my niece's daughters.

It feels good to have so much done.

And yet, it creates more work.

I find I have to do this to get the house ready for the start of school. Just as, in Spring, I'm preparing for the onslaught of children being released... the big times the weather starts to change, basically.

Tomorrow I have to bring everything out of the attic (clothes for the kids to grow into) and see what size pants Doodle is actually wearing. I also have to add more items I bought for Roo for winter and stuff... so it's more of an update to my attic.

But I am feeling almost where I can just breathe easy and know that we're ready for school to start and not worry about clothes or anything for awhile.

No comments: